View Single Post
      05-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #30
ObeyMyFast
OMGWTFBBQ
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW9 View Post
Dinan stage 2 is just a software update. Did Apple charge extra for iOS5?When I first got my Dinan stage 1, I was wondering what everyone was raving about on the forums. I kept asking myself where is all this power? First gear, not sure maybe a little stronger, second gear, the same, third gear, not yet, ......wait, 3000rpm...... Ok here it is! I thought there was something wrong with my tune. Several reflashes and many calls to dinan and it was the same. Dinan denied that there was any problem with the tune. They never admitted that the tune didn't make full power in the first two gears.
They advertised their ecu flash making 570 lbs of torque. When they charged you $3000 (- discount for some) Did they tell you it doesn't make that kind of power until 3rd gear?
I did not expect this from a company that takes pride in their reputation.
Since I'm already knee deep and invested, I did pay for the Stage 2 update, but think it should have been handled differently.
To their credit, Dinan did wave the labor charges for my stage2 and they
do offer a revised stage 1 for free to people who had the early stage 1 tune (they claim full power in all gears in this revised tune)Stage 2 is really about the same in the top 6 gears. Power comes in maybe about 500 rpm earlier. In the first two gears, you can really feel the difference because full power is now available. Apparently, they removed the torque limiters that BMW had placed in those 2 gears for safety.
Has this been verified? The part about stage 1?

I absolutely hate the gear 1-2 restriction... I'll call Dinan when they're open and check, but has anyone gotten the revised stage 1 with full power in gears 1-2?
Appreciate 0