View Single Post
      02-03-2015, 02:13 AM   #4
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

So, I got them installed and re-secured the vacuum hose onto the exhaust so the flappers could be functional.

My Setup:

M5 mufflers (only)
Resonator Delete w/ X-Pipe

SOUND with Stock Flappers Operational: Great on start-up and quiets down. In Comfort mode it's pretty quiet but when you get on it, it sounds great! Sport mode it is slightly more aggressive and sport+ it sounds like a beast. With the exhaust flappers in place there is 0 droning. Probably the BEST exhaust mod for this car is the m5 mufflers. I have heard Dinan in person and sound clips on others and the m5 mufflers sound just as good but for a lower price point (if you can hunt down a cheap set like I did)...

Flappers Zip-Tied open. Man... this thing is pretty loud. In sport mode and Sport+ mode the exhaust drones at around 2500rpm (but not bad, but when you have a quiet exhaust ala 550i stock you will notice ANY kind of drone). Sounds like a true v8 TT car now...

MY ONLY RESERVATION is that the exhaust sounds a little unrefined. Not as smooth as I like it... I can't explain it but I feel that it is due to the resonators being replaced with an X-Pipe.

I may purchase a couple of Vibrant Resonators to go with straight pipes to each muffler and keep the flappers zip-tied open. That may even out the tone...

I can take sound clips but have no way of posting it. If someone is really curious then let me know and I can do that..

Will post pics when I get a chance...
Appreciate 0