11-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #13
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
The Cdn 5 series do not use Direct TPMS, it uses Indirect TPMS. Meaning the additional sensors you purchased for those aftermarket wheels are totally unnecesary. Check with your dealer to confirm. I did.

As for the aftermarket wheels themselves, I did lots of researches but none of the vendors can guarantee those aftermarket wheels will clear the front brake calipers, esp. the 550 (back brake calipers are not the issue as they are smaller than the front) which is bigger than the 535 & 528.
bobblehead: I understand your statement on the indirect TPMS as that is what is in my current '08 335xi. My dealer informed me that my car would have the sensors in it. Now, I haven't received the car yet so i can't confirm however I wanted to make sure I had the wheels and tires ready for when I received the car. I suspect the dealer had no clue whether the vehicle has them or not - although I have no idea why not as they have a number new 2011 535i's already, just none of the 535i xDrives. In any case I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0