View Single Post
      04-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
414M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi, E92 M3

Just ordered 550i for ED - FYI - price paid

Thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions recently on 550i XDrive European delivery pricing. I ordered the car last week and heard back yesterday from dealer with confirmation on build date. Wanted to share my pricing experience with this forum..

I got quotes from 6 dealers - In Oregon (1), Washington (3) and California (2).

Greg Poland (Pacific BMW, Glendale, CA) was the lowest quote, $600 over European delivery invoice price. He was very helpful and responsive.

I'd also highly recommend Mark Harrington, BMW Seattle and Robert Gerth (BMW Bellevue). Both of them were upfront on the best price they could offer. Responded to my email with price quote within an hour after receiving my specifications.

Some details on the pricing calculation I used (for those who are looking to order):

- My Car with all options US MSRP: $75075

- European delivery invoice price with options: $65065 (got this number from all 6 dealers and they were all within $50 range, BTW, $65065 quoted by 3 of them)

- Purchase price quotes - Lowest $600 over MSRP, max $3700 over invoice. 5 of 6 dealers were willing to sell the car between $600 and $1000 over invoice ($3700 was an anomaly)

I used the European MSRP of $58175 X 0.92 to arrive at ED invoice price- $53,521.
I added all options at US invoice prices (got Us invoice price for options from this forum and Edmunds and other online sources.That added up to within $90 off the ED invoice price mentioned by 5 of the dealers).

Added $1000 dealer profit to arrive at Purchase price

KUNI BMW in PORTLAND IS THE WORST DEALER I HAVE DEALT WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. They are arrogant with attitude that you have to buy the car if you test drive it from them. The sales guy asked me several questions if I was serious about buying before they would let me test drive it. I got the impression that sales guy thought I could not afford the car... I did not test drive it. Salesman called and was extremely confrontational saying it was my responsibility to buy from him (regardless if they offered the best price or not) just because he had spent some time time with me about the car. Gave me a sermon on how in his books that matters. Very rude. I'll never do business with them. He never called back with a quote when I told him that he should send me a price if they believe that they are as competitive as they claim to be. Never heard back from him... Few of my friends have had similar experience with Kuni BMW in Portland. I'd suggest you stay away from them.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0