View Single Post
      02-03-2024, 04:08 PM   #8
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_550i View Post
Was the OEM HU working without issues? If so, Maybe try going back to it and seeing if it still does. at least you will know if original wiring is good or possibly that the piggy back loom has an issue.
Great troubleshooting thought! I briefly tried this as well, but still had the issue.

I pulled the trunk apart and did see the red light blinking from all components. I do have the "SOS Malfunction" issue, but I think I recall that being there since I've had the car (less then a month).

I have also noted that iDrive functionality with the controller has been better, though still an issue. I still have the "No Warning Tones" message pop up, but at times that may only show once when the car starts.

With this issue, I've been fighting the "Drivetrain Malfunction" error that lights the Speedo up like a x-mas tree. I tell you this b/c I have been trying to code the ECUs with updates and VO code certain functions, so I very well could have made a mistake.

I have been surfing ever post or video I can to figure out what that issue is. I've tried the original unit. I've tried two different Carplay manufactures. I've tested fuses, I've verified optical lights at the modules in the back. I've VO removed HiFi system from the car and then reconnected and added it back. I've even tested around with adding/removing the higher end HK or B/O sound VO options with no end success. My tiny thought of success above was when I VO removed/added HiFi.

I have yet to test the loopback and hope to do that tomorrow.

Just like with the Drivetrain Malfunction (car runs and shifts like a dream!!), my issue and resolution is never that simple. Hurray BEER! lol
Appreciate 0