07-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
Snapper Chris
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i SE Touring F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell b View Post
Hi I'm travelling to France in my F10. I need to divert my beams to suit LHD so I don't blind any of our Gallic friends. Tried the manual but I don't think it's possible. Any ideas or is it back to stickers on the lens covers
I have an 09/10 F11 with adaptive Xenons and I spent an hour trying to follow the manual with regard to adjusting the headlights to LHD. The diagrams in the manual bore no resemblance to my car! Anyway searching through various forums I eventually found someone with the same problem. He had been informed by BMW that production of the F10 / 11 had changed and that the beam pattern on cars built from late 2011 is now flat and so adjustment from/to LHD/RHD is no longer necessary. Unfortunately it appears some of the manuals had not been altered in time, hence the incorrect instructions.

I've tried to find this post for you but failed I'm afraid. However I'm sure your dealer, or BMW GB, should by now be able the clarify the situation. Slightly off topic but when I contacted BMW about the legality of not having a spare tyre while driving in Spain - a spare being required by law in that country - BMW GB provided me with a copy of letter from the Spanish Government (in Spanish and English) that I could produce if stopped by the Spanish police confirming that cars fitted with RFTs and without a spare are now legal in Spain. So if worried perhaps BMW GB could help you out with a similar confirmation about your headlights?

Good luck and have a good trip.

Last edited by Snapper Chris; 07-20-2011 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 0