06-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
ddd269
Private
Chile
Rep
Drives: F10 528iA Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
Although the iPhone should work with the BMW bluetooth system, I suspect it will not fit into the 3/3g cradle for the 6NF option. I have 6NF and the 3/3G cradle in my E92, and the phone is a very snug fit. Even if the iPhone 4 is smaller overall, it is a square back design as compared to the curved design of the earlier models, and I cannot imagine it fitting without modification. Of course BMW will likely release the right craddle for the iPhone 4 right about the time the iPhone 5 is released.

I would also recommend that you do a bit of research before adding the 6NF option, as many people such as myself, believe it to be a complete waste of money.

Hope this helps.

I agree with this... With bluetooth enabled cars, I don't usually take my phone out of my pocket, unless it's a long trip. For in-and-out of the car short city drives, I can't imagine somebody taking the phone in and out of the cradle every time.

Unless the cradle is used for music I don't see the practicality. Then again having an option is usually better than not having.
Appreciate 0