View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 02:39 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I’m curious why you’re wanting to buy a car that has a working adaptive suspension…then spend money removing it. There are other specimens that already have a regular suspension…why not focus on those?

Not only will you lose COMFORT+, you will also lose the the SPORT adaptive suspension parameters as well. The BMWs that have the M-sport pkg but has a standard suspension, the driving experience mode doesn’t change the damping parameters (because there’s no way to adapt the suspension damping with conventional shocks)…but only changes the electronic steering and engine/throttle response. The SPORT display still appears and DRIVETRAIN parameters for sport mode will still be there…but CHASSIS parameters will be limited to the EPS (electronic power steering)…but adaptive damping parameters will NOT be there with standard shocks vs EDC shocks that can adapt through electronic adaptive damping parameters to the shocks.

The 535i M-sport that you mention in the original post…probably will have these 5 selections when going through the driving experience modes since it has EDC:
  • Eco Pro
  • Comfort+
  • Comfort
  • Sport
  • Sport+

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1