View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #16
tree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6

Can't tell much yet about gas mileage. I've been a little heavy on the pedal since the tune. Also, I do a lot of city driving, and honestly, I'm a guy that doesn't track gas mileage.

As far as power delivery, I think it's somewhat subjective (unless using a dyno). Most of my driving is in Comfort. The car is feels quite a bit faster off the line. When rolling at 30-35mph, with the RPM's about 1100, if I depress the accelerator about an inch, there is a downshift and a slight delay before the car delivers power. There is less delay if I push the pedal harder. I asked my dealer to have a look at it, and they think it's functioning normally and chalk it up to turbo lag, but encouraged me to contact Dinan. I got a hold of someone at Dinan, and we have a time set up in a couple weeks to test it out. They can program the box to go into standby mode which returns the car to stock, and then reprogram back to "tuned" to get a comparison.

I did get a chance last weekend to take the car on a twisty mountain road, and did some driving in "Sport" and "Sport+" and shifting manually with the paddles. The car had way more power than I was willing to tap. Seriously, I don't know how the guys with the 550's handle the beast! Must be better driver's than me!!

All in all, the car feels faster and more powerful. There are no rough shifts, torque delivery is strong at 1500RPM all the way to redline, no warning lights have come on the dash. The hesitation I'm feeling may well have been there before the tune, and I could be just more sensitive to it now. Dinan and my local dealer (Schomp BMW) have been superb in the customer service department.

I'll report back after my next service appt.
Appreciate 0