View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I met with the insurance adjuster at Otto's Collision Centre yesterday and I have to say I'm happy with what is being proposed. They are not going to replace the bumper skin but I saw how they repair the plastic with a liquid plastic on another car and I'm very comfortable with it. I'm lucky my damage is only minor cosmetic stuff. Even though they are only going to repair the skin they still need the car for 3 days as they will remove the bumper, apply the plastic repair, sand, verify the levelness of the area (reflection once painted will not reveal work was done), paint and reinstall. This is the good news. The bad news is they can't do it until the first week of November. Why? Because of the backlog due to the hail storm. Apparently the body shops around town are just now getting caught up on doing the repairs to the 17,000 damaged cars from this summer's hail storm. Yikes!

As much as I hate bumper stickers, I hate damage even more so I will probably put a Senators bumper sticker over the damage for a couple of weeks.