Thread: Help! New F11
View Single Post
      10-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #16
fat dog
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

In my experience, VDC on an F11 just doesn't seem to work. I've read many professional reviews and even more user reviews regarding VDC on the F10 and most are generally positive. However, for me and my F11, it just cannot see how it has improved things much over the standard set-up and certainly does not justify the extra cost. I suspect that that VDC has been predominantly engineered and tuned for the saloon, but when applied to the F11 with its rear self-levelling air suspension, it just all seems to go wrong. I specced VDC in the hope of excellent ride quality and am generall disappointed on all but the very smoothest of roads. The way the car deals with potholes, speed bumps etc. is bordering on unacceptable. I have 18" wheels btw.

My comments regarding comfort seats are similar. Excellent on paper, but no tangible improvement on comfort compare to cars with standard seats and again for me, certainly not worth the extra cost. The range of adjustability is excellent, but the end result is no better in terms of comfort. I do appreciate the memory function though, particularly the ability to save settings for me and the missus on separate keys (even the steering wheel positions are memorised and automatically adjusted).

My tips, in addition to what you have alrerady chosen, would be reverse assist camera, heated steering wheel and HK audio.
Appreciate 0