View Single Post
      10-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #20
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
I'm glad to read the above. I was getting a little worried I didn't spec VDC on my F11. Have added reverse camera and HK audio thoug, along with the multi function dash.
You'll see I take a different view than fat dog, even on the touring.

I believe the only way you will know what you really want, is trying the options.

When I started trying F10 cars I soon realised that there was the same issue as previous 3/5 series cars, simple changes make noticeable differences. Something as simple as wheel size change, or the changes to steering settings with the SAT gearbox, make a car feel so different. I tried a 530d with Adaptive Drive and that set the benchmark much higher, a better car to drive than previous F10 models I'd tried. So when I went on the serious hunt for an F11, it had to have 18" wheels, SAT gearbox and Adaptive Drive.

All make subtle changes, across the driving modes, but combined the driving experience is in a much better place for me.

We all assess suspension differently, for some a passive suspension is just fine. But a lot does depend on the roads we drive. My typical roads challenge a BMW suspension system as road feel can deteriorate 'to poor' very quickly. Adaptive systems widen the working envelope, which suits me far better.

Hence why I say best to try the options if you can.

HighlandPete

BTW, reversing camera is a good driving aid on the F11. I've got the surround view cameras, also adds to the car placement. Bit of a luxury, but a good option all the same.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0