06-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Does anyone need winter tyres/wheels?

Hello all...

I hail from the X3 forums, having just taken delivery of an X3 35d M Sport on Friday. I part exchanged my 2011 F11 530d M Sport which I had owned for a year. I got rid because I just couldn't get used to the ride quality - and found it far too crashy over bumps and lumps in the road.

The upshot is that I have a set of 4 pristine winter wheels & tyres in the garage that have had minimal use. They are 17" Alutec wheels (in perfect condition no scrapes or scratches) and 4x Continental TS830P tyres (I did some research and these won all the tests for being the best winter tyre.)

Unfortunately, although they will fit, BMW have told me that 17" isn't an approved wheel size for the X3 35d (whereas it is for the 530d) and I don't want to risk the warranty with the brand new car.

The tyres have near as makes no difference 8mm on them still. No cuts, no bulges.

I paid £435 for the wheels & £678 for the tyres (£1113 in total.)

Before I stick these on eBay, I thought I'd pop over here and see if any like minded forum goers were interested. I know summer is probably the worst time to sell, but I hope to be able to get a good price for them. I'm open to offers. The Mrs is moaning about them taking up space in the garage.

Cheers. Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but it makes sense to put this in the UK specific forum...

Photos below (sorry they are arty, they are the only ones I have to hand)

MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0