View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
kooper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 (I wish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamune View Post
Why are they still not separating the exhaust on the lower scale 5 series? It is borderline embarrassing. BMW knows it looks sportier and that's why it's on the 535, but even $20k Hyundais have this design. It's just another nonchalant way for BMW to lure buyers to higher end models. And you know BMW is having to pay extra to specially manufacture these parts since it differs from the rest of the line.
I'm not too bothered with it personally. Yes, double-exhausts may seem more balanced, but strictly speaking is it really necessary?
Having said that though, would be nice if they could've offered it as a no-cost option.

Concerning the comparo, the Audi's front isn't too bad, but it's just way too close to the A1. The rear-end just does not appeal to me at all.
E-class is OK, though nothing really stands out.
The 5 Series rear is great, but there's just something about the front that bugs me a bit. Can't put my finger on it, but it just seems a bit plasticy? I think it's the air-intakes on the front bumper. Maybe just this particular color that throws me off a bit. Anyway, easily enough rectified with the M-sport kit.

Personal favorite is of course the 5.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I absolutely despise the LED foglights on the E.
Appreciate 0