Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493263
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInDenver View Post
I just checked the inventory of 435xi coupes at the three largest dealers in Colorado, for fun. I only found 2 cars on lots that had DHP - and those two cars both had MSRPs around $65,000 because the dealers obviously checked every single box on the order.

So, one interesting issue with DHP is that dealers don't seem to value it.
Because DHP is not something a regular driver can see or feel. However, bigger wheels, ventilated/heated seats, Nappa leather, LED headlights, etc... are something that will wow people. That stuff sells.

Most people will never drive their BMW hard enough to need DHP. Those that do are usually reckless or enthusiasts. One will check all the box because they have the money, the other will find the exact model/options or custom build their cars.

Dealers are only interested in the mainstream buyers that will flop over and sign the loan/lease agreement.
I agree completely. Except then we start reading and hearing about BMW's decline as a sport sedan builder.

I think a lot of these BMWs people are driving do feel different, only people don't seem to know why.