06-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #21
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARBAJ View Post
Said a simpler way, "You ever try running in a swimming pool?". Aside from this simple statement- all the comments above apply, in addition to seal damage. Someone mentioned in a recent post that the digital version was pretty accurate. Let me reiterate, I don't want "close"... I want exact, actually just under-filled is preferable. Again, BMWs are fantastic, beautiful, well-engineered vehicles. No matter what I do, I will always notice them on the road or parking lots. But, I most likely will order the new AMG E63 Biturbo when it comes out this fall. I wish no one any grief, and have really enjoyed this on-line community.
Great analogy.

My 1st experience with the "dipstick issue" was when all the idiot lights came on warning of my low oil level from no where. It said I was 1 qt. low, I purchased a quart but through some timely good advice I only filled .5 qt which registered oil level full. I dread at the thought of what it would have read with a full qt added. Half a quart over the line at high speeds, not something I would be too happy about.

Singularly the most frustrating part of my current F10 so far.

Last edited by delvek; 06-26-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0