View Single Post
      04-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
gxprice
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G31 520d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnat View Post
Excellent, what is the spec? Be keen to hear how you get on & comparisons...thanks
Just re-read my note and it probably wasn't as clear as it could have been on the (ordered) car - apologies, it was late!

When I ordered my F31 330XD, I had the 5'er at the back of my mind (same situation as you) but figured it was too expensive and too similar to my wife's E61 530XD. Anyway, the F31 is a new car and people say the size can be compared to the E39 (of which I had an M5 version for a while). So I went ahead ...

After the salesman told me about the 3.5 month waiting list, I re-examined the possibility of the 5 series (specifically, I wanted the F11 530XD) and with "this and that", realised that the lease was actually less that the F31 since I was buying one "from stock".

In terms of spec, the one I took is Sapphire black metallic with Dakota Oyster leather (LCCX). In terms of options, it comes with the Comfort, Communication and Visibility packs plus the Swiss pack (I'm based in Switzerland). Individually, we have Sports auto box, 18" wheels (328), sunroof, rear sunblinds, electric comfort seats with memory, lane change warning, surround view, rear camera, combined (large) instruments (6WA), DAB Radio, HiFi speakers and BMW Live.

It only arrived at the dealership yesterday and, once I'd seen it, signed on it! Hopefully will pick it up on Monday and really looking forward to it I'm coming from a 911 (997) so am looking forward to getting back to a little comfort. We'll retire my wife's older 530XD next year and see what comes next....

To answer your initial question - yes, the 3'er is a little more sporty and perhaps slightly more affordable but - there is no comparison in the "luxury" element of the car (IMO). Also, with the Comfort Access (which mine has as part of one of the kits), your boot problems will cease to exist!

Best,

Gary.

Last edited by gxprice; 04-16-2013 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0