10-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
If you can affort a winter car, that is the best senerio. You can keep the BMW out of the winter climate and garage.
I can agree with that point. Although I do drive my BMW in snow and winters, I still have a Winter car in my garage, cause I feel sorry for my bummer when snow is too deep.

That being said, xDrive does the job perfectly, so long your tires are not too wide. The weather here in Sofia is pretty severe in winters and I have a lot of friends with X5/X6 that have problems because of their enormous rear tires. I on the other hand had only a few problems during the winter with my 330xd, and all of them were cause the snow was TOO deep for the poor car. I haven't really tested my F10 on snow yet, but I'd assume it will do the job the same or better.

I'd still opt out from the xDrive tho if weather conditions were milder here. Besides it does the job well its too heavy and makes the car more unpleasant at cornering
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0