View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Dinan Stage 2 550i data logs

Just received my Bavarian Technic scan tool and ran some logs this morning. I'm only getting ~4Hz sample speed so I need to check the settings on my laptop, I was hoping for 8-9 which will give a much better picture of what's going on. These are 3rd gear WOT pulls from ~3k to ~6k RPMs.

I made it back to the track yesterday and had a lousy day - I maxed out at 110 over 10 runs, which is 3mph lower than my best run last time, so glad to have a tool to log engine variables to see what's going on.

Having said that, the logs actually look ok to me. I thought maybe I was getting clutch slippage but it looks from these logs like the DTC cut the throttle briefly which slowed down the rate of acceleration. On the track I had DTC completely off, I will need to do a couple more pulls with the same settings to confirm.

Another interesting note is the IAT readings. This engine runs hot, it's good to see that the intake is effective in keeping temps down. On my previous car you would see the IAT go down when you started accelerating but then move back up as the engine begins to heatsoak. These are short pulls, but looks pretty good!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0