View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #59
MojoeF10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc031662 View Post
Though I'm filling out the Texas Lemon Law Complaint Form in another window right now, I'm pretty much in the same quandary as you - I've only had it in once for the problem - and haven't taken it back in since. Most states tell you to notify your dealer in writing - via certified mail - about the problem, and they want proof that you did.

btw - how'd you go about sending a formal complaint to BMW? Did you send them a letter? Let us know - we'll bombard 'em! If you haven't filed a complaint over at NHTSA -
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
Well, 'formal complaint' may not have been the best way to word it. I started off with verbally complaining to the dealership until I realized that was getting me nowhere. I then went online and emailed BMW with my complaint. I believe I used the email address on their website. Days later after I had my car serviced, I received a survey. On the survey, you can check a box to have the corporate office of BMW notified. I checked that box and made it clear what my issues were. I then had 2 representatives call me (one due to the email and one due to the survey), but neither could answer anything for me. One of them called me back a week later to give me a vague update that they were 'working on it.' My dealership saw that I checked the corporate office box on the survey, so the service manager emailed me immediately. Since then, I've been in weekly contact with him, but it's always me reaching out to him. And I'm always the one giving him information (thanks to this forum).

I've kept every email knowing that I may need to document my case. It's been 70 days for me now. I was originally told it was an 'upper control arm' issue and would be fixed within 30 days. The bottom line is this is a safety issue and it needs to be resolved. I wanted to avoid the time and energy it will take to fight this, but I've been sitting on this long enough.

It's too bad too, because I really do love this car.
Appreciate 0