04-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
gxprice
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G31 520d Touring

Internet over bluetooth with Galaxy S3?

Folks,

Okay, after hours of searching, don't have the answer so here goes

In my (3 day old) 530XD Touring I have my Blackberry (work phone) configured and working well in the car (contacts, messaging, phone etc. etc.).
I've also paired my Galaxy S3 to act as a Data provider for the Internet (this is not available or disabled on my BB).

When paired and in the "bluetooth" config screen in the car, it's set a 2nd phone and the internet symbol (world) is lit. However, I cannot get the internet function to come up with anything apart from message that the network is unavailable please try later. It doesn't seem to be country related as no such message comes up ...

I'm going to try unpairing / deleting the device later just to see if re-pairing might resolve it.

However, has anyone paired an S3 through the car and accessed the internet? What settings on the phone have you used? I've tried with "bluetooth tethering" set and not set; no difference. Data is enabled and I'm not roaming... Anything else obvious I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice - frustrating!

As an aside, for those waiting for Internet-in-Motion, I believe this may not be long in coming (DVDinMotion) so, for me at least, it would be good to get the internet thing working :

Gary.
Appreciate 0