View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

A grad degree in TA?...lol...okaaayy......I offer theories and charts...like I said before you come with nothing...I actually trade based on my charts and theories...nobody is asking anyone here to trade or take any action...it is a place for discussion, no more no less...you can participate or go to the other stock mkt thread and trade NFLX, AAPL, SIRI.

I could care less whether you are a professional trader, a money mgr, or a grunt trying to learn the ropes at GS...none of that means anything when it comes to trading...you cant create a John Paul Jones or Jesse Livermore from a school.

When it comes to trading, a degree in business, finance or anything else they teach in college is worthless imho...you have to know what the institutions are doing and thats the bottom line...and good intuition is helpful also...most of the avg Joe volume doesnt move mkts...institutional volume does...and take into consideration that 75% of the trading volume on the big board is quant black box trading so the avg Joe's have very little influence on walls street...but I am sure your degree teaches you about renting a black box 100 ft closer to the big board at 200K a month to gain that nanosecond advantage right?...about as useful as Elliott wave theory or how about Dow Theory?....

Some one once said to me it doesnt take much of a man to come on a MB and be critical...but it does take a man to come on a public forum and take a stand and either make or lose money based on that, now that you can respect, whether they are correct or not.

You seem to think that because someone comes on here and posts charts and takes a stand, that they would be at fault if someone chose to take that thread?...hmm, really?...I lost some on SIRI, AAPL, NFLX after reading the stock mkt I thread, Im gonna go on that thread and ask for a refund and weep?...

Week or so ago when silver was getting pounded I noted I liked AGQ(double long silver)...here is why...while price was getting pounded(lower chart), large players were accumulating using effective volume(first chart)...you see AGQ today?...it made me happy....

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1268/silverchart.gif

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1576/silver2q.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
Well that's kind of what I wanted to point out. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's. So is this thread supposed to mirror the other thread in that we make predictions, back it up with some chart or something, and see if it pans out?

I just don't want people who aren't into finance getting the wrong idea of what technical analysis is. Coming in here and throwing up charts is fine but it might actually be doing people a disservice by making them think that they can gamble their money away based on candlestick triangle formations and other rubbish. I'm offering nothing, and so are you since this is an off-topic thread on a BMW forum talking about trading strategies... you're right about that.

And yes I know what those charts are considering I have a graduate degree in this field and work with them daily...

Last edited by mact3333; 07-05-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0