View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #73
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

My opinion is basically that everyone should be allowed his/her personal taste and that basically both a regular F10 and a M5 F10 is just that, a F10 made by BMW. Thats why I also don't buy into the fake thing 100%.

It's not like the car in this thread isn't made by BMW at all (like a fake Rolex watch). It probably has 90% of the same parts as a M5 (engine, transmission etc. are different) and there are just a few cosmetic modifications on this car (all bought OEM from BMW). Yes, it appears to be a M5 (but so does a M-sport 5 series with big wheels as well to the general public).

When that is said. I believe there is quite a big difference in performance and lap times between a 550i (tuned or std) and a M5. The DCT transmission is one area, the exhaust manifold and sound of the M5 but also other little details that all add up to the feel of a very different car. I definitely believe that a M5 (even though it's based on a "humble" F10 5 series) truly stands out from a regular F10 when you drive it.

I would definitely take a M5 over a regular F10 (incl. the M550d or a tuned 550i)
Appreciate 0