06-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 528i F11 (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
.... it just never seemed quite as perfect as it used to - slightly more vibration. Give anybody who hasn't had a 330d and they would say it runs like a good'un, but you know your own car. Never did find out what the problem was...
Well after a few days driving about I feel in the same situation. Idling is now much smoother, the occasional hard gear change thump has gone, but as soon as I drive it's like I'm feeling the road surface directly through the wheel and pedals, stronger than I recall before all the recent issues.

It's not revs related, and it does vary some with road surfaces so the smoother the surface the better/less the vibes are.

When I got the wheels balanced at the weekend I also had them rotated (all RFT, moved 4k old Pirelli C7s from front to back, 18k old RE050A from back to front) but that's not changed it. Surely I'd be unlucky to have harsh tyres from 2 manufacturers at different ages.

So I just don't know if I'm being totally anal or there's something else to investigate. I'm trying to ignore it to try and rule out my head but roads I don't remember 'feeling' are a lot more obvious now.