View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
I have an '12 550i and really don't have much of a problem with the steering. Granted I don't expect it to steer like a 3 series...too much weight but for what its worth its great. My last car was an Audi A7 and prior to that an e92 M3 so of them all the M3 of course had better steering and a better engine/suspension but its a smaller car. I've added H&R sport springs to my 550i and a Dinan Stage 1 and its a different car...much tighter.

So far no problems..no regrets especially with the $$ save on the M5! I too was the benefit of one of those late Aug/early Sept BMW deals where I got my 550i for like $8k off MSRP and a great deal from BMWFS. Go drive the car...see how it speaks to you and go from there.
Thank you. You have a good car "resume" and I value your opinion.

My kids are getting bigger and we've outgrown the 3 series. Now I have to decide if I keep the 135 or the M5. I bought the m from some ny giant football player who took a 27k hit on a 7 month old car. It makes for a good story and I'm in love with that car.

OTH, I think they're going to stop making the e82 which makes me think it may have some long term scarcity value. The n54 is one of the coolest engines ever produced by BMW. But, v10's are probably never going to used again by BMW. I'm hoping the f10 helps me make a good decision.

Neway - thanks again :-)

Last edited by mryakanisachoad; 01-22-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0