View Single Post
      06-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I was going to say gray hands down but I must admit that stealth.pilot's car looks pretty damn good. It's a tough call and you really can't make a "bad" choice.

When I was looking for mine, it was between Dark Graphite II and Carbon Black. I ended up with DGII (found a car to my exact specs that was at the VPC, and a dealer trade was arranged) and not only do I love it but I have also gotten so many compliments on the color I can't even believe it. So apparently I made a good choice and I would pick it again without question.

I will say this: I HIGHLY recommend that you go with a combo that has black carpet (such as oyster/black like I have). Black carpet is just so much easier and I think it looks better. I also happen to think that oyster looks way better than beige.

My car also happened to have ceramic controls (not something I was really looking for), and I LOVE them! Just something to consider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I didn't realise that Sophisto Grey II is no longer Xirallic. In my lease company configurator it still shows as Xirallic and for a while I'm sure that on the BMW configurator it was Xirallic but I just checked and it isn't any more! The 530 used to come with free Xirallic paint but it looks like they've substituted that with metallic (oh and they throw in ambient lighting to make the £8.7k price increase over a 520 more palatable)
The change from Xirallic to metallic was made because of the Japan earthquake/tsunami that affected Xirallic flake production. BMW was not the only automaker affected. Unfortunately, the metallic version doesn't look nearly as good but I still love it.

It's been rumored that the color may return to a Xirallic formulation at some point, at least here in the U.S. I have no idea if there might be differences in Xirallic vs. metallic availability in the U.S. vs. Europe, now or in the future.

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0