stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Thanks Joey. I didn't realise that Sophisto Grey II is no longer Xirallic. In my lease company configurator it still shows as Xirallic and for a while I'm sure that on the BMW configurator it was Xirallic but I just checked and it isn't any more! The 530 used to come with free Xirallic paint but it looks like they've substituted that with metallic (oh and they throw in ambient lighting to make the £8.7k price increase over a 520 more palatable)

So Imperial Blue is ahead again
I was also torn between Imperial Blue and SGII.

I did a similar thread to this. Then I went down to the dealer, and I told them to run a SGII and an IB car through the car wash so I could see them clean. I did this on a partially overcast day.

The IB kills the SGII in this comparison. The problem with SGII is that it is dull. The original SG had a gun metal luster which was quite sexy. The new one is a bit dull. It lacks brilliance.

BTW IB is still Xirallic whereas SG is no longer as you noted. The earthquake ruined SG forever. It's still my second favorite color, but the original was much better.
Appreciate 0