05-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
Don't mean to be an ass, but, ALL that sounds very VERY unlikely. BMW and FWD? I hardly believe so. And them pairing up with Mercedes Benz to share chassis and engines, highly doubt that too. We can already see BMW progressing and scheming their future engines and chassis with no intentions of pairing up with Mercedes Benz. We already have prototypes of the future M5 and M6 engines ( the new X5m and X6m engines). These engines are early stage projects for futures engines that will most likely become single turbo engines with valvetronic technology. Even though companies are leaning towards reducing production costs, they won't change their ways of being or the essence that makes them what they are. Hence, BMW will never become a non-luxury automobile manufacturer. FWD and BMW simply haven't mixed since the beginning of time and I doubt thats the way they will head. But again, this is just what I believe.
and what you believe i think is totally right, BMW teaming up with mercedes ? possible but to some level, i do think that they might do something together on the environmental issues and reducing emissions since 2 heads are better than one but sharing chassis and engine components and all that is little bit to much because that is really what distinguishes this cars , engines, chassis and design.
Appreciate 0