bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetad View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I've checked all the existing wheel and offset threads and can't find an answer to my specific wheel question....so please bear with me.

I've got a 2011 BMW 550i and I recently ordered some new wheels and tires. I scoured the internet and I was confident they would fit when I ordered them. Now, after reading a little more I'm a little confused if I might need spacers to make the wheel/tire combo look right.

I ordered 20x10 et33 and 20x8.5 et37 M5 style wheels. I also purchased 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 tires.

With this combo will I need spacers to make it look right?

My 550i is sapphire black/black with flat black grills and painted reflectors. I plan on having the wheels powder coated a dark matte bronze. My uncle owns a wrought iron manufacturing company that does its own powder coating so I'm going to toy with the wheel color until I get it just like I want it.

Thanks for your help and I have really enjoyed the forum and found it to be extremely useful!
I think you will need to run a 15mm spacer up front to get the 8.5" wheel flush. In the rear, I think the 10" rim with et33 is going to already be very aggressive, you might even experience some rubbing as I think that is going to be very close to the fender. I'm sure some others with more experience pushing the envelope on offsets will chime in.
Appreciate 0