View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 04:52 PM   #82
dpalumbo25
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

2014 535d. 170k

So I also have recently dropped a good bit of change into mine. I used to drive a lot for work. Bought the rig with 90k miles, changed the brakes and had new CV boots installed. Like zero issues until now. BMW just came out with official EGR replacement but have replaced this once already due to cracked outside coolant pipe, not the internal as claimed to fail. So now 80K more miles I needed a water pump. This led me to proactively change the turbo as I had oil in the charge cooler and intake build up. This led to all new pullies, belt, and tensioner, valve cover gasket (small leak), new axles as CV boots gone again. and the guiebo. Lasted 1 day.... something is heating up serpentine belt x2 killing them. Come to find harmonic balancer pully is bad, NOW I think I have the dreaded timing chain failure. Can't exclude last shop was rough getting balancer off? Could they have killed a tensioner jamming on the HB pully? LOVE the car otherwise. Has been an awesome runner. Especially if you drive a distance everyday. 37+mpg @70+ mph. Guessing i'll be putting the $ into fixing timing chain.
Appreciate 1