View Single Post
      01-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
thestigCLT
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Dustless Brake Pads for F10 535i

Guys, I am relatively new to this particular forum. I am long time owner of a 2002 M3 and a 2002 530i (both still in the family). I am more active on M3Forum.net. I recently purchased a 2012 535i M Sport (no mods yet, getting it shipped from CA next week). I am well acquainted with the notorious brake dust on BMWs and consequently changed out the brake pads on the M3 and 530i to the dustless type (Rotex Gold, Akebono and/or Centric Posi) as soon as I purchased the cars. All pads, IMO, are superb in reducing/eliminating brake dust and have great rotor wear and stopping capability. Best feature of all is I can drive for 100s of miles and there is NO brake dust and that really saved my wheels. They look as good now as when the car was delivered.

So, my first project on the F10 is to replace the pads. Just wondering what the F10 community is doing. I would appreciate any comments. I've also read that replacing the rear pads might required software to release/engage/reset/learn. I do need to investigate more on this. However, shouldn't be a problem. Oh and I am not worried about warranty issues. Been down that road and it was never an issue for me. However, I know times have changed. Ah the days when we all could do DIYs. Becoming more a thing of the past?

FWIW, Zeckhausen Racing has Centric Posi for the 535i. I currently have these on my 530i and they are terrific. Very low dust, integrated shims with no squeal at all.

Thanks and look forward to this forum.