View Single Post
      09-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #26
Expatmarais
France
Rep
Drives: f10 535d MSport

Lightbulb

Hi, I read this thread with interest.
Took delivery of my 535d MSport in July and have since returned to dealer 4 times for what seemed like a wheel balance problem and was present from start. My dealer (BMW Fournier in the southern Paris region) has been v understanding (to be expected on a car worth over €70K) and has checked, rechecked balance and geometry without any improvement. Acc to my dealer who has also posted on intenral troubleshooting site with BMW HQ in Munich, the problem is not a wheelbalance but a known defect with spec and configuration. MSport trim in France runs on Continental SS 18'' run flats. This is causing some 'incompatibility with the drivetrain and BMW factory are aware'. My car is returning for 5th time for a complete tyre and alloy wheel change to see if this helps although BMW Munich are advising of a drivetrain problem to which they have not yet found an acceptable solution.
I have to say the service and reactivity of my delaer and therefore BMW is v good. Trouble is I am driving a 250kmph car that from 70kmph starts to wobble and shake through the seat and accelerator... really not satisfactory. I was reassured to find this thread and now know that it isn't just me and my driving... My dealer tells me that subsequently he has had 4 more clients of 535d or 530d with differing trim specs and wheel specs that all report the same problem. Workshop have driven most and confirm exact same effects as described above. I will keep you informed. On BMW forums in France this problem is becoming increasingly spoken about and so getting my dealer to accept to finance experimental changes to tyres/wheel s has been relatively easy. Blogger in Finland, you should ask your dealer to google 'vibrations train roulant f10' and soon you'll see you are not alone. I'll keep you updated on progress.
Appreciate 0