View Single Post
      07-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #21
michal12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

You should consider an Individual color may (probably will) add like 2 months to leadtime (maybe 5 months instead of 3).
Alarm - you should get it, even though you will never hear it
HUD - honestly I felt cross eyed after 30 mins of driving, so I would skip it.
Folding back seats - yes for sure. (for a surf?) For me being a skier, I consider ski bag mandatory too.
Headlights assistant - I have it in my E90, used it once. Not sure you need it. You would use it more on B roads, almost never in town or highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGr View Post
Hi, I currently own a 2007 e92 and i'm selling it at the moment and thinking of a 535d F10.

Context: became father recently, like sporty cars (the e92 has m pack), do an average of 30k km/year (mainly freeway), like the sport/comfort combo but tend more to the sport side.

I would like some advice on what would be the extras you guys recommend according to given information.

Mandatory: M Pack, Professional GPS, 19' rims (351), colour black, sport auto gearbox, leather, tinted windows, wide instrument panel, xenon lights.

Doubts: Colour - Carbon black or azurite (individual)
Suspension - plain M sport or damper control with active steering, etc.. (i've read about a somewhat souless steering feel, doesn't all that technology contribute to it, and in that case, original m suspension would be preferred - i've got m suspension on my e92 and don't complain about it.
Seats - M or comfort (i really like my back side support on my e92 and can't say i suffer from back pain even on long journeys)
Alarm? Folding back seats? Headlights assistant?
The sound will be aftermarket.

Biggest doubts are the suspension and steering choices and the seats.
Sorry for the testament, help appreciated..
Appreciate 0