View Single Post
      01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
SD535
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Update

10 days later and I don't have my car back.
They got the Cam Shaft Motor last Tuesday, but they then needed to order new gaskets...?
On Wedensday the car was "done but needed software updates"...
Thursday they were back to "putting it together"...???
Friday morning Cam shaft motor was now installed but not properly adjusting the timing, so they have to order the "sister part"... which truns out to be the shaft itself...

As next Tuesday (now estimated return) will be 12 days of run-around, I raised the roof at the dealership.
The shop foreman now admits this is an issue they had never seen and struggled with since the motor is very new to them. They enlisted the help of a BMW engineer and were finally told that "BMW now aknowldeges a problem with this assembly and its fault tolerance."

I wish the best for all of you, but this sounds as if they are beginning to see a trend...

I am most pissed at the idea of my 5-month old engine in pieces for a major overhual... It won't have the same magic for me now, as I'll be worried what will be next and granny the car.

I told them, however, that the next "sister part" they order better be the rest of the car in the likes of a new one...

Good Luck
Appreciate 0