United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
There's a reason the M5 diffuser only fits the M5...

Without modification you're not going to fit it. Now that I have my Akrapovic exhaust I might sell my OEM M5 exhaust.
Yes the modification however would be extensive and require body work to the frame...likely cutting/shaving off about 1-2 inches of the rear tire well. I've seen it work for a few but looks like extensive mods were required and none used Eissenman cans for the non-m car. One guy got it to work but used a set of F10 M5 cans he got from an owner and I think Akrapovic tips.
Nice set up but $$$ $1700 for the tips alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott in cincy View Post
Why couldn't a decent exhaust shop add a bend or so to make it work?
Problem is NOT the pipes but the size of the Eissenman cans. As you can see they're pretty big and there is just not enough space on the passenger side to shift the cans so that they alight outward to meet the M5 valance openings. These are 550i Eissenman exhausts cans mind you...I'd expect the passenger side tips are probably more properly aligned on the M5 Eissienman exhaust. On the Eissenman exhaust for the 550i I am assuming they are set up to fit the outlet of the M sport valence which is outboard by about 1-2" on the car. (See pics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAM951 View Post
Same thing I did. Fits perfect now. Will get pics after I get back in town
Would have to see what exhausts you used (some others have much smaller cans and thus more space for the alignment (Meisterschaft and Supersprint) cause looking at it now...I can see there's no way to make it fit AND get the tips aligned properly in the M5 valance. Even if you cut off the tips...there's not enough room between the muffler and the valance to jig and weld an S pipe to get them properly aligned. And once I cut them then IF it doesn't work then there's no going back/returning them.

So will look for an alternative rear diffuser/valence likely and go with my OEM M Sport install.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0