View Single Post
      08-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Cool Welcome to Part 2 Everyone (pictures inside)

Yes, it's a new GT. Now, I know what you're thinking. Why would I get another GT? Trust me, I didn't even think I'd land in another one, but here's the story.

As you saw in my last thread, my previous GT gained a huge amount of popularity on social media due to being something different, as opposed to all the conventional projects out there.

Despite the extent of modifications that I did on the past one, I never really got to do everything I wanted to. Then an opportunity fell in my lap, the chance (and a good deal) to upgrade to the new LCI. There are very few left in the country, as production on the 550 GTs were stopped recently (the 535s are generally more popular, as they're not many people like me who plan on doing so much to their 550GT's). I was looking at other models too, but here I had one more shot to really create the ultimate GT. My last one already came so far and caused a spark in the BMW scene, bringing the GT a little more respect than before.

Now I have the chance to do it all over again. Much bigger, and much better this time around. I've learned a lot about modding with the last car, and am much more familiar to the game this time around. Therefore, if I was going to get the new LCI GT, I was going to have to go all out, and kick it up to 11. This new LCI comes nearly fully loaded, sans a few options, along with the newly revised N63TU, M-Sport kit, LEDs, and facelifted front/rear ends.

While I'm taking my time to have everything done and don't want to rush all into it, the mods are already coming. I must give a HUGE Thank You to John at CKS Suspension for helping me make this the first GT ever to be on coilovers. I'm currently testing the setup and working with him to develop and perfect the F07 coilover set. I thought my last H&R setup was great, until I got these coilovers installed. Despite being much lower this time around, it actually rides much smoother than the H&R's, and handles so much better. It really is true that coilovers are a world of difference.

Also, another big thanks to Galvez Customs for creating a very special 1-of-1 custom aero kit for the GT, including a front lip, side skirt "wings," and a DTM-inspired rear diffuser with side fins. It has helped make the car that much more aggressive, even with the few light modifications it has. Since there is no kit for the GT unlike the F10, I had to go the custom route, but I'm glad I did. Thanks to Ian, I was able to put my vision into reality and design a kit that's both aggressive and tasteful.

A lot is in store for the GT, including debuting many world's firsts. Some of you may not agree with my choice, and this is the first time I've ever ended up getting the same model twice in a row, but I hope to accomplish one thing, and that is to show the true potential of the GT. While I admit BMW made some faults with this car from the factory, with the right modifications the GT can be majorly improved both aesthetically and performance/handling wise. I hope you all like whats in store for TheBlackGT Part 2.0.

P.S. She is actually Imperial Blue as of now, despite keeping TheBlackGT nametag. Don't worry though, that issue will be fixed very soon

(her first few days stock)

(after the coilover install)

(new bodykit)

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 08-25-2016 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 2