View Single Post
      07-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadetail View Post
Clay bar will not remove swirl marks. Only thing to remove them is polishing. Wdeerfield is correct with his process and about taking your time.
Bought a 2013 Black F10 with 12k on the clock, the black paint was covered with swirl marks and a small scratch here in there. I went with clay bar to to get the paint cleaned and went straight to cleaner wax, my order of polish and pads had not come in and I did not want to waste the free time I had over the past weekend. I used Zymol. The paint is about 95% swirl free and I was able to get rid of the scratches.

I do plan on using a very mild cutting polish/glaze to rid the paint of the remaining swirl marks ( I am almost positive with a little more effort the Zymol could take care of those as well but it will also help with cleaning the paint ). I use a porter cable orbital polisher and HIGHLY recommend it for price, ease of use and the fact it is almost impossible to damage your paint.

I am just under $200 invested into a polisher, pads ( I went with chemical guys ) polish, wax, spray detail-er.

http://www.autogeek.net/carwax.html great site
Appreciate 0