BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Yet, when it comes to an oil change, the dealers claim the CBS system is flawless and they won't change the oil early---even if you happen to have the car opened up at the dealers for some other reason.
My cousin is currently fighting with his dealership over this. He accidentally reset the service indicator when it was saying it was due.. so they won't service it since the light isn't on. He even brought it in so they could test the oil. They said it will be fine for the 10,000 more miles it's now saying until it's due again. If he waits that long, it will be 25,000 miles between services. Insane.

I've had the opposite several times where they forgot to reset the indicator when I went in for service (oil, brake fluid, etc). I guess by their logic, I was entitled to another service just days later
That's maddening to hear. The CBS indicator tripping generates an event in the event log, so they can easily see he is telling the truth.

My advice: 1. Have him pay for an oil change out of pocket. Then, submit to BMW corporate for reimbursement.

If BMW can't find any record of service on the car, they will have no choice but to reimburse you.

Also, by paying for it out of pocket and submitting the bill with your VIN to BMW corporate, you're taking the dealer out of the equation.

The car's mileage can't be rolled back. Every service event is stored by VIN. If you can show no service paid for under his VIN, then BMW will clearly see he is entitled for service.

My little trick will get the dealer out of the equation. Good luck and don't back down.
Appreciate 0