Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i X Drive

BMW MUST KNOW their customers HATE THIS "FEATURE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Joseph,

The reason you have Stop Start is because BMW (as well as all other manufactuers) is being forced to adopt higher fuel economies. Because BMW still strives to be a high performance brand, they have the huge task of having to design for horsepower, yet reach those increasisngly higher fual mileage figures. This is the very reason for their migration to turbo charging, adopting more gear ratios for transmissions, direct injection, and now stop start. Although somewone may come out with an aftermarket fix to negate the Stop Start, it will not come from BMW. They have to do this, and will likely be seen on all cars within the next few years. I agree that it must be a pain to defeat this every time and wonder myself if this has a long term affect on the engine. Knowing BMW, they have probably done their homework on this so have at the very least installed a more robust starter.
Agreed... but those of us who despise this "feature" should have a voice. I have been doing some internet research and have not found ONE owner yet who is in favor of it. BMW NEEDS to know this.

Last edited by NYF32DRIVER; 12-12-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0