View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #65
crl8474
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Another one bites the dust

My issue occurred on Tuesday. I'm 5 minutes from my office when I hear what sounds like a jet engine roaring under the hood - it literally sounded like a large turbine at full boost but I was doing 20 mph. I slowed down, came to a stop and the sound gradually disappeared. I then started to drive again and the sound didn't return. After stopping at the next stop light, I pull into the intersetion when I hear a loud clunk and the drivetrain malfunction message appears. I immediately turn off the car and restart but it will only studdar and now the drivetrain error message is replaced by a fuel system malfunction message and then a start/stop disabled error message. The car died immediately. Had it towed to the dealer but haven't gotten the official word yet. My 90 day old 535i has 8,000 miles.

I moved to the 535i because I had major issues with my n54 335i including 3 hpfp's, injectors, a/c evaporator leak, an unfixable brake squel, and a failing turbo. Now I feel like an idiot for staying with BMW.
Appreciate 0