View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #6
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

welcome to the forum.

as others have said both the 530d / 535d are excellent cars. i test drove both and opted for the 530d for no other reason than I got a great deal on the car (cancelled order) and it had pretty much every option on it I was about to request on a factory order.

530d + 8spd sport auto box is a great all around combination. sublime engine, great cruising + overtaking capability all you ever need for real world driving. 535d definitely has more punch but you always have to remember the 530d is not exactly lacking in that department either.

Test drive will help you decide for me i took the 530d as I spend more time stuck in traffic pootling about so I wanted a car with the toys fitted inside rather than take the 535d i was looking at at the time which didn't have many extras fitted at all. there is FAR more choice on the market now if looking for approved used for example so if i was buying the car now my decision might have been different but at the end of 2010 there weren't too many F11 M-sport tourings around so my choice was limited and i was looking for a deal on nearly new.
Appreciate 0