View Single Post
      12-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I am really not trying to be assy, but where did the Sonata's snow go? Does it stick to the trunk lid? Does it plop on the window? Does it fall off to the sides? Is it because the trunk of the F10 pops all of the way up even with snow on it while the Sonata's was held down by the snow so it was opened more slowly?
I know, no offense taken and I do realize this is a huge first world problem

To answer your question, most of the snow on my wife's car just falls on the window and then stays there. A little bit of snow made it into her trunk and I expect some snow to fall in the trunk. My car has the auto opening trunk and when the trunk reached the vertical position a lot of snow fell of the trunk lid directly into the trunk and a bunch fell on the back window then slid into the trunk. Of course then with all the snow in the trunk opening, the auto close would close but not secure the trunk lid. I'm not sure if the gap between the trunk lid and the trunk opening is a lot bigger on the 5 series allowing this to happen, guess I'll have to check it out.

Guess I'll have to invest in one of those trunk liners or move to a warmer climate.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00