View Single Post
      01-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Boss - based upon the picture you've posted, I'd say the car is fitted with DHP. The interior of each 5 has the "comfort / sport" rocker switch - so you can't go on the pictures alone. For those cars without DHP, the rocker switch can adjust the drivetrain (throttle and steering) but not the chassis (dampers). For those cars WITH DHP, the rocker switch can be configured to adjust drivetrain AND chassis. The iDrive settings menu for the rocker switch will allow you to choose, for each setting, if you want drivetrain and chassis effected by the mode.

But again, based upon the equipment you're showing here, it looks to have DHP. You can always have the seller confirm - if it's coming from a BMW dealership, they can easily tell you.

Now, is DHP the same on an '11 as it is on a '14, I don't know. Perhaps someone can comment there. My car is a '14, so I can't comment on how DHP feels on an '11. Like many systems, especially with the LCI, things may have been improved or tweaked - keep in mind the F10 was also introduced for 2011, and many systems will undergo changes from year to year. I do know that the standard suspension was "tweaked" for the LCI (2014) model year. I HAVE driven the pre-LCI and LCI standard suspension and can say it feels different (better for the LCI) along with significantly improved steering.

Good luck with your search.

I understand what you're saying. The car is from a private seller. How do I instruct him to check? Give me full details step by step. By the way, thank you for your detailed response, very very helpful!
Appreciate 0