09-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #236
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
Holy sh!t just reading these occurances freaks me out.
Yeah, I wasn't too happy about them, either.

To preface my condition, I'm a completely sane person. Never tried any type of drugs, have always been completely healthy, don't very much (maybe a drink every couple weeks) don't smoke, etc.

I know mankind doesn't have a grasp on the human brain and all that it is capable of, but the whole sleep paralysis thing....millions of people experience it, and somehow, *everyone* has the feeling that there is another presence in the room and we *all* see.....something? When I experience it, it's always the same thing....can't move, eyes are open, but I, for lack of a better word *feel* something menacing advancing towards me....and the feeling is consuming....very frightening. I can feel the onset, and when it starts, I'll have repeated episodes that night. What sucks is when it happens, when I finally "snap out of it", unless I physically get out of bed and do something for a few minutes (walk to the kitchen, bathroom, etc), it'll happen again. What I've noticed (as it has been occurring a lot more frequently, and I'm trying to minimize the severity of the incidents) is that:

a) if I get up and turn the light on and go back to sleep, it stops immediately.
b) I have a necklace with a cross on it. I take it off before bed, but if I put it back on (with the lights still off), it stops immediately.

I've had successive episodes in which I'm letting it happen by purposesly *not* getting up and moving about, and I then I'll do either a) or b) and they work every single time, no matter the number of episodes I've experienced at that point.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 09-19-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0