m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboss View Post
don't rule out a roof box on long journeys….we drove to italy with one and couldn't have done without it…what with all the baby gear we had to take and i have a F31
That's what the salesman pointed out. Even though I made it very clear upon entering the showroom that he would not be getting a sale out of me because it would be a company car. he was still happy to spend some time with me going through the different cars. Good man!

You are right about the trim levels between the 3 and the 5. There is a noticeable difference we (like yesterday) you step out of one and straight into another.

But yes, a roof box is an option but when I think back to my E91 when we did load it for holidays etc, I always made sure I was still able to pull the cover over the load area so everything was out of sight when we parked up en route. The only time we loaded higher was at Calais on the way home when we chucked in a few cases of wine. I could still pop them on the back seat

As for dropping the back seats down. That tends to be when we go to Ikea and these days, even those guys can deliver

So our thinking right now is the 5 as the company car and then when my wifes Fiat 500 is ready for change, we look at either a 1 series or an A3 or even an X3. Doing that, we would still be £350 per month better off (not with the X3 though)