View Single Post
      12-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Here is what I am thinking based off of absolutely nothing and a complete opinion (my mom has an F10 5 and I have an e92 335i and had an e46 330i and a G35, that is my only experience):

F30 sedan will be like an e60 5 series
F10 5 series is gaining equivalence to a 7 series
New 7 series is the size of a small destroyer (or a Rolls Royce phantom)
1 series will actually be more similar to a 3 series and in my opinion could end up (might already be) the ideal car for enthusiasts.

I am sure when a new 1 comes out it will be bigger and therefore almost the size of a 3. I know they have the 1 hatchback, maybe we will see a 1 sedan in America eventually? (aka what a 3 series used to be)

I am an American and I agree with simnew. Some Americans are getting larger and it is seen within the growth of the BMW series. Will we ever see the day that a 7 or 5 or 3 or 1 series gets smaller? The 3 series grew and grew and then all of a sudden the 1 series was born/brought to America.

Regarding the Infiniti, I think all the enthusiasts in here would of said they prefer the Infiniti over the 550 based on the actual review. We all know these reviews are usually rushed but in my opinion the 5 has moved from a sport/luxury sedan into just a luxury sedan (a platform, in my opinion, meant for the 7 series).
^
Unless you get that 760 which is just insane :-)

Let me know what you all think. Just a thought I had when reading this today.
Appreciate 0