View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
IE92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

** IE92: Version 3 - 2012 build thread **

It seems like just yesterday that I was working on what would become Version 1 of my car for Bimmerfest 2011. At this time last year I had only done a few modifications - tinted windows, a custom quad exhaust by Royal Muffler, and the M Sport front bumper conversion with shaved reflectors. I was anxiously awaiting my new set of 21" Rennen Wheels (which unfortunately didn't make it in time for the show). I was also working closely with WheelSTO to get the first ever 3D design M Sport front lip in North America. The 3D lip and rear diffuser arrived a few days before Bimmerfest and I was able to install them just in the nick of time. I received the wheels a few weeks after the show and Version 1 was complete.

Click here for Version 1 thread - Photoshoot by John Zhang [1013MM]

Late last year I hit a tire on the freeway which ruined my front lip and dented my front bumper, so I decided it was time to change things up. Version 2 featured several new mods including the world's first M5 front end conversion (OEM front bumper, fenders, grilles, and trim), Oracal Azure Blue Metallic vinyl wrap, gloss black window trim, and gloss black grilles.

Click here for Version 2 thread

And now I'm working on Version 3 for Bimmerfest 2012. This build will feature at least 12 new mods including:

- 21" MORR MultiForged™ MS 5.2 Concave wheels (a brand new design)
- Big Brake Kit
- New 3M vinyl wrap
- Custom rear bumper by LTBMW
- New rear diffuser
- Front lip for M5 front bumper
- Trunk spoiler
- And a few surprises

I will update this post regularly with pictures of the new mods as they are completed.

Modification #1 - M Sport rear bumper with shaved reflectors

Modification #2 - Custom rear bumper vents by LTBMW

Modification #3 - 3M Matte Grey full vehicle wrap (in progress)

Modification #4 - Stoptech front big brake kit

I want to thank Stoptech so much for all of their help! This is the first kit they have ever produced for the F10. More pictures will follow along with a review of the brakes once they are installed. They will be powder coated a different color for Bimmerfest - red, yellow, orange... I can't decide!

Modification #5 - 3D Design M5 carbon fiber front lip

Here is a picture of the lip installed on another car:

Modification #6 - 3D Design M5 carbon fiber rear diffuser

Here is a picture of the diffuser installed on another car:

Modification #7 - Painted calipers Estoril Blue

Last edited by IE92; 05-26-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0