United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 525d F10 auto

Garage List
2010 525d SE  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
Hi Rich,

Glad you like the car. I really like the interior but the exterior does nothing for me and very bland etc and I am now thinking of buying the previous E60 model as a result because I have the E39 which was the previous model as you may know. I drove an E60 3 litre diesel and it was very good and comfortable but can you describe what significant differences you have noticed with the F10 compared with the E60 you had before?. Thanks.

PS I think the space grey is one of the best colours imo
The drive is quite different from my E60 M-Sport; there is no denying that the E60 handled well, but at the expense of quite a harsh ride. Pot holes, speed bumps etc were brutal. You feel much more enclosed as a driver in the F10, although not in a claustrophobic way - the door tops seem lower in the F10 so you feel higher; the instrument layout (and being able to see all of it) is much improved. It is much quieter as well (although zero miles compared to 85k does make a difference). Don't get me wrong - I loved my E60, but the F10 seems better built and thought through.
The i drive is hugely improved; many of the features were available on the later E60's - but not the screen. Pic's don't do justice to it. As it is not set into the dash, it is much more pronounced. That's certainly one of my favourite features.