View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
You like them or you don't. A MT is more fun to drive for many, me included. I've driven the SAT. Actually had one for a weekend to try out. The automatic simply isn't close to the same sensation or experience. It isn't bad, it is just different. You didn't care for a MT, so you didn't order one. And that's great. But to suggest that there is no reason to be "in tune" with a car like the F10 bespeaks ignorance. With or without your smiley faces included. If you enjoy driving a manual transmission, the version mated to either the 550 or the 535 is a joy to engage and control. IMO.
You are obviously one of few dying dinosaurs out there that still prefer a stick in a luxury sedan. The ZF 8 speed is almost a perfect fit for this car, there is a reason why BMW will not be making anymore stick shift for the 2014 550i, dinosaurs like you are becoming extinct. It not just me that does not care for a manual tranny in a car like the F10, its 99% of the 550i buyers out there, that's why it is discontinued.
Appreciate 0