BajandoDuro
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
I have to say that due to the 6 series (lack of) practicality getting one would require you to be.
1. Single
2. Young in a childless relationship
3. Middle aged with grown up children
4. As a second or third vehicle.

The 6 coup is basically a 2 seater, you can get a toddler in back, but forget about adults for more than a 15 minute drive.
The GC have slightly more room in the back, but it's a 2+2 not a 5 seater, there might be a headroom issue if you are above 5.10.

If you frequently have 3 people or more in your car, don't get a 6 series.

The M5 is as far as Im concerned the perfect car.
You can fit 5 adults
With bags
You can take it shopping
You can take the kids to school or kindergarten
You can outrun pretty much any car on the motorways
You can take it to a track day and have loads of fun.
The versatility of the M5 is what makes it the best car in the world to me.

So in order to help anyone decide what car to get, we need to know how the car will be used, as a family's no1 car, or as a weekend toy.
I actually have a wife and 3 kids. I solved that problem by getting my wife a new Ford Explorer.

90% Of the drive I drive alone in my car. In fact, I've only driven the car with the whole clan 5-6 times since I first got it.

I'm most concerned about looks and Power and the only other car I can think of is the 6 Series. I always wanted an M5 but ended up getting my 550 because of XDrive. I don't really mind the rear seats on the 6GC.

Although I use my 550 as an everyday car, I have to say I make the best out of every drive. Every other day I find myself racing another guy in an M3 or even a 535, but it's mostly for fun, and the way my car handles at 100+ MPH, it puts a big smile on my face.
Appreciate 0